Monday, February 16, 2009

2nd trip to orphanage

Our return visit to the orphanage went great! Emmanuel, the same man who showed me around, took everyone on a tour. This time we actually got to enter the school, and see their computer lab which is amazing. They also have a good library for the kids to use with many textbooks! I haven’t seen this many textbooks and resources since I’ve been here! We were also pretty impressed to see classrooms with adequate desks and you could tell by the number of desks that the classes were a much more manageable number of students. It was so cool for me to have everyone else see the Village of Hope and realize the incredible opportunity the kids there have. Yes, there life is obviously tough because they are orphans, but once they get into the Village of Hope, they are set up to succeed which is so good to see. After our tour, we joined them for church which consisted of a Friday night singing. It was basically choir practice as we all sat in our parts…I sat in the bass section and sang all 4 parts and had a blast! It reminded me of learning to sing tenor sitting by Brandon and Russ at church when I was younger and then as my voice dropped more learning bass sitting by John Roy! I met some wonderful young men, too. One guy was a little stud named Joseph that I sat with and he asked for my bracelet which says, “sharing the hope of adoption” so I gave that to him only to have the other boy I was sitting beside, John who was a ninth grader, give me a bracelet he had from the village that says, “Have hope. Give Hope.” I’m glad we were able to meet several of the kids this week so we are not total strangers when we go this Saturday. All the kids and all of us are definitely looking forward to spending Saturday with those kids just loving on them! As always, it’s just special to me being around these kids at the orphanage since I’m adopted. It makes me even more thankful for Dad and Mom and Mamaw and the way God unfolded His unimagineable plan in our lives and continues to unfold it each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment